ResearcherSweden / Stockholm
ISRA seeks qualified applicants for an open Researcher position located in Stockholm, Sweden.
The Researcher is a hybrid position that will be focused on undertaking varieties of duties, including data entry and developing a first tier research summary for new intelligence received into the unit and using a variety of sources for operations in ISRA’s Stockholm office. The Researcher must be able to work as a team with the rest of the intelligence unit to collate information and to provide intelligence research and analytical support to on-going operations.
The job requires the candidate to be able to generate intelligence reports using research techniques and analytical software to assist with investigations. This role requires the researcher to liaise with external agencies to assist with both proactive and reactive investigations. The Researcher must have a strong knowledge of problem-solving skills. The candidate must also have strong ties with the researching community and is required to ensure that best-practices are kept up to date.
- Research and development of intelligence from various sources to assist in the proactive identification of fraud, including proactive intelligence generated through the triage process.
- Deliver intelligence research products to support specific cases or operations.
- Communication with internal fraud teams, dedicated client fraud teams and internal clients to ensure the intelligence products meet their requirements and develop on-going working relationships.
- Dissemination of clear and concise intelligence reports and briefing documents.
- Identifying intelligence for triage and development and flagging this to intelligence submissions.
- Conducting telephone liaison and proactive engagement with external agencies to validate or enquire about sensitive data.
- Working with colleagues to develop and implement new intelligence processes and small projects.
- Pursue continual professional development in areas of research, legislation and relevant technology.
- Maintain an awareness of commercial considerations and profitability of work produced.
- Undertake shadowing and training of internal and external staff in relation to the intelligence researcher role.
Experience and Skills Requirements:
- Previous research experience is essential for the role.
- Communication skills including verbal and written communication are essential.
- The experience of using technology to support the delivery of your work effectively, such as; Microsoft Office, including MS Excel to intermediate level.
- The ability to work to deadlines and manage multiple work streams.
- Proven problem-solving skills and an enquiring mind.
- The experience of open and closed source research and research methodology is an advantage.
- A detailed knowledge of Data Protection Act & Human Rights Act is advantageous.
- A positive and enthusiastic approach to work and willing to develop others to meet the intelligence team’s high standards.
- Motivation, drive, focus, initiative, and innovation;
- To be responsive to changing requirements and priorities and be able to adapt to unpredictable circumstances
Cultural sensitivity, empathy and strength of character to build relationships with people and be persuasive, especially in human intelligence work
- The ability to work effectively under pressure, demonstrating resilience and perseverance.
Education and Certification:
- Bachelor degree in any related field with 3+ years of relevant work experience